Deadline for applications: August 31, 2020
Click here to apply!
About the scholarship:
The Carol Scaife Memorial Scholarship award gives one student or recent graduate the opportunity to spend three days learning and networking with healthcare marketing and public relations professionals from across Wisconsin at the WHPRMS annual conference.
Since 2006, this memorial scholarship has been awarded to honor a former member who experienced an untimely death in 2005. Carol Scaife served on the WHPRMS board for a number of years and had a great passion for healthcare marketing. She was always willing to help others, and this scholarship allows her to continue to touch the lives of others in positive ways.
The opportunity is for any communications, journalism, marketing, public relations, or advertising student with an interest in the healthcare industry. Applicants for the 2019 scholarship must have been a college student enrolled as a junior or senior during the fall 2018 or spring 2019 semester, a technical school student in the final year of study, or a recent graduate (within the last 12 months).
The estimated value of this award is over $1,000. It includes a $500 scholarship, conference registration, two nights of lodging at the conference, and a one-year WHPRMS student membership.
- To provide a college or technical school student interested in healthcare marketing and public relations an opportunity to learn more about the profession and network with individuals working in the field
- To attract high-quality, entry-level marketing and public relations professionals to the healthcare industry
- Must be a college student enrolled as a junior or senior during the fall 2018 or spring 2019 semester; a technical school student in the final year of study; or a recent graduate (within the last 12 months)
- Pursuit of a major in communications, marketing, public relations, journalism, advertising or other related field
- Ability to attend the 2019 WHPRMS annual conference, October 2-4 in Oshkosh.
Conditions Governing Award:
- Applicants must submit a résumé
- An essay of 1,000 words or less is required and should express the candidate’s interest in and commitment to healthcare marketing and public relations and address participation in school activities, receipt of honors or awards, outline professional accomplishments, and reference any paid or volunteer positions held in the healthcare industry
- Two professional or academic letters of reference should be included with application materials
- Academic achievement in marketing and/or public relations and in overall studies
- Demonstration of leadership ability
- Practical experience, including internships and other work-related experiences
- Interest in and commitment to healthcare marketing and public relations, particularly as expressed in the candidate’s essay
Selection of Candidates:
Applications must be received by August 31, 2019. Applications will be reviewed by a panel of WHPRMS board members. All requested materials must be submitted for consideration. The recipient will be named and contacted on or before September 15, 2019.
Click here to apply!
Carlee Homan (shown with 2017 WHPRMS President Kathy Schultz)