2017 Call for Entries is now open!
Don’t delay – start working on your 2017 Communications Review entries today!
Submissions Due: Friday, July 21
Payment Due: Friday, August 25
Collaborative Community Benefit/Public Relations Project
Employee Communications Project
Integrated Marketing Campaign
The Wisconsin Healthcare Public Relations and Marketing Society developed the Communications Review program in 1971 to recognize excellence and superior accomplishment in the practice of health care public relations and marketing. Communications Review was one of the first award programs of its kind in the country and today is widely recognized by health care communicators for its quality and credibility.
Professional awards include:
· Printed certificates for Awards of Merit
· Plaques for Awards of Excellence
· Crystal awards for Judges’ Choice Awards (Top 5 entries)
· Carol Mehlberg Award (Top Prize) This award, is chosen from the Judges’ Choice Awards. It most effectively demonstrates thorough planning, execution and results, as well as creativity and innovation. The award is named in honor of Carol Mehlberg, a WHPRMS member who was instrumental in establishing the Communications Review program and strengthening the organization. Mehlberg passed away in 1977, after a courageous battle with cancer.
This award program is open to all members and offers multiple benefits including:
· A panel of unbiased judges from the field of health care marketing and communication provide a written critique and feedback on each entry.
· Award winners are recognized during a formal presentation at the WHPRMS Annual Conference.
· Letters of recognition are sent to the CEO of each winning organization.
If you need duplicate awards, please use this order form: CRDupOrd2016.
Past Carol Mehlberg Award winners:
2016 Mike Wiltse, “Impact” Internal Publication, Journey Mental Health Center
2015 Corissa Runde, Jennifer Walker, John Maniaci, Wendy Hathaway, Angie Fadness, Social Media, American Family Children’s Hospital Radiothon, UW Health
2014 Stacy Lenzen, Gretchen VanDusartz, Pat Cooksey, Christiansen Creative, Social Media, “Say Ahh” ENT Clinic Promoted Post, Hudson Hospital & Clinic
2013 Haley Gilman Integrated Marketing Campaign Local Surgery is Better – Campaign Divine Savior Healthcare 6AM Marketing
2012 Gail Lobdell, Kelly Cheramy, Carolyn Hargrove, Janet Adams “St. Mary’s Centennial History Wall” St. Mary’s Hospital
2011 Bridget Thomas “A Lifetime of Health” Direct Mail Fort HealthCare
2010 Tim Doerfler, Tammy Hahn and the Patient Satisfaction Task Force Super Bowl of Patient Satisfaction Employee Communications Projects St. Mary’s Hospital
2009 Sara Silver-Traband & Stephanie Hungerford “West Tower Media Project” Media Relations – Proactive Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin
2008 James Shulkin “Caring for Lives Campaign” Fort HealthCare
2007 Heidi Lange “Many Faces” Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare
2006 Stacey Mueller “Children’s Connection” Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin
2005 James Reck “ER Snack Baskets” St. Vincent Hospital
2004 Meriter Marketing “Meriter Chest Pain Center” Meriter Health Services
2003 St. Mary’s Hospital Medical Center Memory Loss Integrated Marketing Campaign
2002 Annette Grunseth “Someone Believes in You” Bellin Health
2001 Marna Holley Gundersen Lutheran The Right Care Right Here Campaign
2000 Susen Rasmussen Aurora Health Care Gamma Knife Introductory Campaign