Do you have an interest in joining the WHPRMS board of directors? We have open positions available for 2015.
- Why consider becoming a WHPRMS board member?
- It’s a great way to get involved in an organization directly related to your area of expertise
- See what it takes to put on an annual conference or summer workshop
- Use your art of persuasion in the membership role to recruit new members
- Any way you look at it, becoming a board member is an excellent way to gain leadership experience and meet others in your profession.
Below are the open positions followed by a brief job description and criteria. Note all positions require at least two years of WHPRMS membership (not necessarily consecutive).
President Elect – Responsibilities include coordinating the Carol Scaife Memorial Scholarship and the Professional Excellence Award programs, as well as assisting the president.
Education Co-chair – Coordinate the annual conference with assistance from WHA; plan a spring or summer workshop; host 6 webinars annually (preferably every other month).
Communication Review Co-chair – Coordinate the annual communications review awards; work with other healthcare organizations to review the entries; plan the annual awards dinner.
Membership Chair – Processes and maintains all membership records and acts as contact person for all WHPRMS membership inquiries; works to recruit new members and retain existing ones; manages membership renewals in a timely manner.
The board alternates meeting in person and via phone conference every month. Board members commit to attending 10 of the 12 meetings either in person or via phone.
Please reply to email@example.com by Friday, July 11, 2014, with your completed board member application (include position of interest) for consideration. Feel free to email with any questions you may have in the meantime.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.