The WHPRMS mentoring program is available to all current members of the society. The program matches volunteer mentors from the society with mentees for a suggested three-month commitment. Mentoring is available to members at any stage in their career who are seeking to develop new skills or make progress toward professional goals. The program is intended for career development, and strictly prohibits participants from marketing or soliciting for business reasons. Mentoring pairs meet or connect approximately two to four times per month or as the parties agree to establish the mentee’s goals and a process for achieving them. Volunteer mentors will be listed on the website, and interested mentees can seek pairings all year long.
1. All individuals interested in becoming a mentor/mentee must complete a Volunteer Application Form.
2. We will match mentors and mentees based on the applications and availability.
3. The mentor and mentee agree how often to meet per month for a suggested three months. It is the responsibility of the mentee to initiate contact with their paired mentor.
4. Each meeting should last approximately one hour and can be an in-person or a telephone meeting. The three-month commitment starts from then first mentor/mentee meeting.
5. Mentors and mentees are expected to keep all commitments to each other while participating in the program.
6. If the mentor and mentee meet for a meal or coffee, each person is expected to pay for his/her own meal.
7. At the end of three months, the mentor and mentee should submit a short summary report to the leadership development committee recapping the results.
Please submit the recap report to firstname.lastname@example.org