Since 1971, WHPRMS has sponsored an annual awards program to recognize excellence and superior accomplishment in the practice of healthcare public relations and marketing. Our Communications Review was one of the first award programs of its kind in the country. In 2021, the program was renamed the Prestige Awards.
For 2022, WHPRMS member’s work that is completed – and results measured – between January 1, 2021, and June 30, 2022, may be entered for recognition in two categories: Single-channel/asset campaigns and Multi-channel/asset campaign. The entrant must have worked on the project being entered.
There are two categories to choose from when submitting your application:
- Single-Channel/Asset Campaign
- Any campaign that uses a single channel or asset (ex: logo design, website redesign, etc).
- Multi-Channel/Asset Campaign
- Any campaign that uses multiple channels or assets (ex: entire rebrand, online presence re-design, etc. Special events should be included in this category).
- Category Awards: Top award in each category (single-channel and multi-channel)
- Carol Mehlberg Award: Awarded to the top overall entry.
- Honorable Mentions: If applicable.
The Carol Mehlberg Award most effectively demonstrates thorough planning, execution, and results, as well as creativity and innovation. The award is named in honor of Carol Mehlberg, a WHPRMS member who was instrumental in establishing the Communications Review program and strengthening the organization.
FEEDBACK AND RECOGNITION
Any WHPRMS member is eligible to enter. All entries get helpful feedback, and three winning entries get special recognition:
- A panel of unbiased judges from the field of healthcare marketing and communications provides written critique and feedback on each entry.
- Award winners are recognized during a formal presentation at the WHPRMS Annual Conference, “Tap into What’s Brewing in Healthcare,” Thursday, September 29, 2022 in Onalaska, Wisconsin.
- Letters of recognition are sent to the CEO of each winning organization.