- Has demonstrated ability to advance the sound principles of communications, marketing and public relations within the healthcare industry.
- Is a distinguished leader in their organization and community.
The nomination deadline is August 1, 2017, so nominate someone today:
Download the Professional Excellence Nomination Form now!
- Be current members of WHPRMS.
- Have 10 or more years’ experience in planning, marketing, or public relations/communications, including at least five years of direct involvement in the healthcare industry.
- Have demonstrated each of the following:
- Innovation in the practice of strategy development through the use of solid marketing, public relations, or planning techniques, including (but not limited to) new product development, product line management, sales, community relations, environmental analysis, competitor assessment, needs assessment, forecasting or network development. Proven ability to produce outstanding work.
- Enhancement of the healthcare marketing/public relations profession’s credibility, including participation in professional organizations at a leadership level, publication in professional literature or professional public speaking engagements. Willingness to share skills and help others learn and grow.
- Exceptional personal qualities and leadership abilities, such as integrity, the ability to work with diverse groups, a record of motivating or mentoring others and exemplifying the values and ethics of healthcare marketing/public relations to people in other disciplines and fields. Examples from inside and outside of the workplace are welcome.
- Community service/civic achievement on a local, regional or national level.
The 2017 award will be presented to one deserving individual at the WHPRMS Annual Conference in October
2009 – Kristin Baird
2010 – Susen Rasmussen
2011 – Kevin Stranberg
2012 – Barbara Roberts
2013 – Kathy Schultz
2014 – Tamalyn Powell
2015 – Mary Kay Grasmick (below left)
2016 – Lori Bruss (below right)