Reports to: President
Term: Two years (additional 2-year term possible)
Requirements: Must be a current member of WHPRMS. Consideration will be given to professional expertise and involvement and service to the organization.
Job summary: Prepares society correspondence and collects and preserves society materials for archives. In the absence of the president, serves as the leader at meetings and in society affairs.
- Serves on the Executive Committee with President, Treasurer and Membership Chair
- Shall lead
- Prepares and maintains the minutes of the society board meetings and conference calls and distributes them to the board within one week following each meeting
- Prepares the minutes of the annual meeting and presents them at the following year’s annual meeting
- Sends bylaws, noting recommended changes, to the membership at least two weeks in advance of the annual meeting if the board is proposing any changes
- Determines at each board meeting if a quorum is present and communicates that to the president
- Maintains a complete file (both electronically and on paper) of minutes and other correspondence of significance received or sent by the society
- Reports appropriate information to the board in the absence of those committee chairpersons
- Efficiently utilizes available resources, seeking board approval for any unbudgeted activities/expenditures
- Performs other related duties as requested by the president
- Attends at least four Board of Directors meetings/phone conferences annually, either in-person or via phone. Special exceptions will be made upon approval by the president
- Updates job description if needed and forwards to the president