Last updated: 6/29/21
Current WHPRMS members may post jobs on this page for free. Non-members are welcome to post positions for $50. Postings remain on the Website for 90 days and should be sent to the WHPRMS Webmaster for consideration.
Listing date: 6/29/21
Position: Media Relations Specialist
Janesville, WI and Rockford, IL
Experience a rewarding and fulfilling career with Mercyhealth. Mercyhealth is committed to offering our partners a best place to work. Our unique workplace Culture of Excellence is built upon:
- Employee engagement, empowerment and growth
- Teamwork toward our common goal – providing exceptional health care services with a passion for making lives better
- An atmosphere of caring and quality that cascades throughout the organization
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists with strategic communications, public relations outreach and brand reputation management for Mercy Health System. Conducts market research and provides media spokesperson coaching.
- Coordinates and tracks all publicity efforts. Works with executive leadership in strategic planning and public relations planning as well as provides monthly updates and leadership quarterly overviews.
- Establishes strong relationships with local, regional and national news reporters and editors in the communities we serve. Leads team of marketing staff members on social media activities and campaigns throughout MHS.
- Maintains on-line media database and is an expert on corporate media standards and release of information. Serves as staff writer and newsletter editor for Mercy Connection and Physician Connection.
- Develops and carries out crisis communications employee engagement, including press releases and press conference talking points. Assists with public relations campaign videos, radio shows and podcasts.
- Provides condition reports to media following MHS policy. Serves on creative, web content management and social marketing teams. Serves on at least two MHS internal committees.
- Become an active member of two local non-profit organizations.
- Serve on at least two Mercyhealth internal committees. – one of which you assume a leadership role.
- Provide two educational seminars to department.
- Member of the crisis communication team
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Journalism, Communication (or related field).
- Three years’ experience as Media Specialist 2 with Mercyhealth; or
- Master’s degree and one year as Media Specialist 2; or ten or more years’ experience in Marketing/PR or related field.
- Extensive experience in marketing, market research, data collection/analysis
- Experience in media buying, social media required and health care preferred. Experience in media buying, social media and health care preferred
- One of the following WHPRMS Certified member, SHSMD Advance Credentialing, AMA Professional Certified Marketer; Social Media Certification; Social Marketing Certification; Search Engine Optimization Certification; PRSA accredited; or other marketing specialized certification with prior approval (or must be obtained within 12 months of hire)
- FEMA Certification
- FEMA IS-200 Appling ICS to Health Care certification (or complete within 12 months of hire)
- FEMA IS-800 National Response Network certification (or complete within 12 months of hire)
Please apply online